- Remain with the group at all times during the tour. If you must leave you are welcome to exit at any time.
- Please do not leave the tour to return to any homes, all homes on our tour are privately owned and are not staged just for tours.
- Anyone under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children must be properly supervised during tours as well as around the information booth area by a parent or guardian.
- Due to subject matter and length of the tour, our tours are not recommended for very young children.
- No pets please
- No smoking during the tour or in the immediate area around the information tent.
- Please obey all pedestrian laws when crossing streets, your guide will safely escort your group across streets appropriately.
- We reserve the right to refuse a tour to anyone for any reason.
- Flashlights are highly recommended.
- You may bring your camera for photos. No audio or video without seeking permission of your tour guide first.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Haunted & Historic Guyandotte Tours 2014
We are just days away from the first tours of the season! We here at HPIR are super excited for our annual ghost tours and we have worked really hard to put this FREE event together for you. Below is the information for this years tours as well as a reminder of our guidelines while you, our guest, are participating in this spooky fun event.
GHOSTLY ENCOUNTERS – OCTOBER 24 & 25
Forget about going to the local haunted house where a costumed ghost will jump out from behind a dark curtain to give you a fright, how about spending your Halloween with some real ghosts instead? This after dark tour is not for the faint of heart. This tour takes place in the historic downtown district of Guyandotte and it will showcase a number of historic homes and buildings some of which are over two hundred years old.
CIVIL WAR HAUNTED HISTORY – OCTOBER 31 & NOVEMBER 1
This tour takes place during the Guyandotte Civil War Days, an annual event that will mark the 153rd anniversary of the Civil War Raid on Guyandotte by re-enacting the events of the November 10th & 11th 1861. This after dark tour takes the participants on a mile walk through the historic section of Guyandotte. The tour showcases Guyandotte’s pre Civil War era homes and passes through authentically re-created Civil War encampments. Participants will experience the peaceful night as it was on November 10th 1861, just hours before the Confederate Army would storm the town.
WHERE – Guyandotte Branch Library,
203 Richmond St. Huntington,
West Virginia. The information
tent is located in the parking lot.
TICKETS/COST – FREE, but you must have a ticket to participate. Ticket pickup begins at 6:30pm. First come, first serve until tickets are all gone. (Approximately 125 tickets per night)
TIME – Tours depart starting at 7:00pm and continue until 10:00pm.
DURATION – This is a walking tour and will last approximately 2 hours, the tour is under a mile in length.
WEATHER - We will generally run tours rain or shine, unless there is a threat of severe weather.
DONATIONS – Donations are always appreciated.
Have fun and we will see you at the tours!